This September PAXbaby is pleased to host the lovely Joanna McNeilly from the Center for Babywearing Studies; join us here! Once again, Joanna will be teaching the Foundations course. You can read all of the nitty gritty details directly on the CBWS website, but here is an excerpt:
During the course you will:
- Learn how to teach others to wear baby carriers: Pouches and ring slings, woven and stretchy wraps, meh dais and SSCs (soft structured carriers), plus a few knots.
- Examine the physiological and the psychological aspects of infant carrying.
- Identify how to assist someone in discovering what makes a good carry/carrier for themselves.
- Discover and recognize the importance of a systematic approach.
- Understand our core principles which will guide you as you meet each new parent.
- Design your own concept for an individual consultation.
- Explore sensitive listening and it’s importance in successful consultations.
- Delve into incident data reports from the CPSC (reports of injury in baby carriers/while babywearing) to better understand what concerns exist with regard to babywearing.
- Plus much more!
Our Foundations Course is ideal for anyone working with new parents, parents to be or infant caregivers including:
- Babywearing Consultants
- Retail Store Staff
- Baby Carrier Manufacturers
- Lactation Professionals and Peer Support Volunteers
- Childbirth Educators
- Babywearing Group Leaders
- Babywearing Enthusiasts
We cannot wait for you to join us for this jam packed week of fun, learning,rainbows, and babywearing!!