Sometimes the best things in life are simple! A barefoot walk at the beach, a kiss on the cheek from your child, the smell of clean laundry (yum, Ecover!), a new baby carrier, and at my house tonight, baked apple pancakes served on heart shaped plates!!!!
Poor Baby #6 wasn’t feeling well so he helped me to bake in our BB Slen Turkish Delight Ring Sling worn tummy to tummy with the rings on my back, and his feet covered up by the tail – he was chilled from his fever!
Baked Apple Pancake Recipe
3 large apples, peeled and sliced thinly
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar (can use more)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more)
PANCAKE MIXTURE :
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2-3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350’F.
2. Grease a 9×13 baking pan. (I use ungreased pie plates!)
3. Melt butter in baking pan in oven. (To hurry, I melt butter in the microwave and pour into each dish!)
4. Place the apple slices evenly over bottom of pan.
5. Bake for about 10 min, or until apples are soft.
6. Remove apples from oven, and dust with brown sugar and cinnamon.
7. In a blender, combine pancake ingredients, and spread over apples.
8. Return to oven to bake about 30-40 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with sugar topping, powdered sugar, or PAXdaddy’s favorite, homemade whipping cream!
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!!!